Yesterday, Mayor Schaaf released her proposed budget with a televised press conference and a “Budget Beer Bash” at Oakland’s Linden Street Brewery. The budget will be presented to City Council on Tuesday, May 5 at 5:00 p.m. It must ultimately be passed by Council, and will be the subject of much debate, and almost certainly significant amendment over the next two months. Make Oakland Better Now! will be diving deeply into its almost 400 pages and publishing a good deal of analysis in the coming weeks. But here are some of our first impressions: Continue reading
Search Oaktalk Here
Posts By Category
- THE SWANSON REPORT ON POLICE DISCIPLINE: WHAT DOES IT MEAN, AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Time to Reform the Public Speaker Process at City Council Meetings
- Budget Bits No. 6 – Our First Take on The Mayor’s Proposed Budget
- Oakland Budget Bits No. 1 -- The 2015-2017 Budget: What’s Happened So Far, and What Happens Next?
- BUDGET BITS NO.2 – WHERE DOES OAKLAND’S MONEY COME FROM (Part 1)?
- BUDGET BITS NO.3 – WHERE DOES OAKLAND’S MONEY COME FROM (Part 2)?
- Oakland Project Ceasefire Update
- Who We Are
- How Does Oakland's Budget Compare to Budgets From Comparably Sized Cities?
- What Are The Mayoral Candidates' Positions On Civilianizing Police Functions?
Stay informed through TwitterMy Tweets