In the weeks and months ahead, our Mayor and City Council will be making critical budget decisions that will have a profound impact to Oakland citizens for years to come. Join us. Become informed. Make your voice heard.
Our guest speakers will include:
- Courtney Ruby, City Auditor
- John Russo, City Attorney
- Ignacio de la Fuente, City Council Finance & Management Committee Chair
Items of discussion will include:
- Establishing a Rainy Day Fund
- Paying for pensions
- Instituting a performance based budget
- Reforming the budget process, more specifically how to pay for city services in a permanent financial crisis
When: Sunday, February 20, 2011
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: Lakeshore Avenue Baptist Church, 3534 Lakeshore Avenue (directions)
Immediately following the presentations and discussions, Make Oakland Better Now! will have a brief business meeting, as required by MOBN!’s Articles of Association, then informal cocktails at Easy Lounge, 3255 Lakeshore Avenue.