This morning, MOBN! board members Frank Castro, Mike Ferro and Bruce Nye guest posted at A Better Oakland, urging Oakland to stop its decades-long divisive and pointless “cops v. programs” debate, quit looking for short-term answers, and develop and implement a long term, comprehensive public safety plan. If you haven’t read the post yet, by all means do so. The post is here. And MOBN! will have much more to say on this subject in the days and weeks ahead.
- Updated: The Department of Violence Prevention Proposal Is Not Ready, So We Are Suspending Our Support
- Supporting Public Safety in Oakland: A Conversation with Police Chief Anne Kirkpatrick and Public Safety Director Venus Johnson
- Police Commission Enabling Ordinance: Our Comments
- Budget Bits Returns: Shaping Oakland’s 2017-2019 Budget
- New Year, New Police Chief
- My Tweets