This morning, MOBN! board members Frank Castro, Mike Ferro and Bruce Nye guest posted at A Better Oakland, urging Oakland to stop its decades-long divisive and pointless “cops v. programs” debate, quit looking for short-term answers, and develop and implement a long term, comprehensive public safety plan. If you haven’t read the post yet, by all means do so. The post is here. And MOBN! will have much more to say on this subject in the days and weeks ahead.
- THE NEWLY APPOINTED REIMAGINING PUBLIC SAFETY TASK FORCE HOLDS ITS “KICKOFF MEETING”
- THE REIMAGINING PUBLIC SAFETY TASK FORCE: WHAT DOES IT MEAN? WHAT WILL IT DO? WHAT SHOULD IT DO? AND WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
- Under the Magnifying Glass: Inequity and Covid-19 — Tuesday, August 25 at 12:30
- We’re recruiting interns now through the end of the year for a PAID fellowship. Students, graduates, and those with commensurate experience looking to support social and civic justice policy advocates in Oakland apply now!
- Budgeting Wisely in a Time of Restraint 5:00 p.m. | Monday, June 1, 2020