This morning, MOBN! board members Frank Castro, Mike Ferro and Bruce Nye guest posted at A Better Oakland, urging Oakland to stop its decades-long divisive and pointless “cops v. programs” debate, quit looking for short-term answers, and develop and implement a long term, comprehensive public safety plan. If you haven’t read the post yet, by all means do so. The post is here. And MOBN! will have much more to say on this subject in the days and weeks ahead.
- Oakland City Council’s Parcel Tax to Improve Funding for City Parks, Litter Reduction, and Homelessness Support
- Meet Guillermo Cespedes, Oakland’s New Chief of Violence Prevention
- Ten Questions for Darlene Flynn, Oakland’s Director of Race & Equity
- Visit Make Oakland Better Now! at the Art + Soul Festival
- What’s in the New “Oakland Together” Budget?
- My Tweets