This morning, MOBN! board members Frank Castro, Mike Ferro and Bruce Nye guest posted at A Better Oakland, urging Oakland to stop its decades-long divisive and pointless “cops v. programs” debate, quit looking for short-term answers, and develop and implement a long term, comprehensive public safety plan. If you haven’t read the post yet, by all means do so. The post is here. And MOBN! will have much more to say on this subject in the days and weeks ahead.
- Budgeting Wisely in a Time of Restraint 5:00 p.m. | Monday, June 1, 2020
- The State of Oakland’s Finances
- PROPOSALS BY COUNCIL PRESIDENT KAPLAN AND PRESIDENT PRO TEM KALB TO REVISE THE POLICE COMMISSION CHARTER PROVISIONS
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Oakland Needs Your Help
- OAKLAND CITY COUNCIL ENACTS COVID 19 EMERGENCY TENANT ORDINANCE