With the pending release of the new Oakland city budget this week, we are about to see how the Mayor and the City Council set their priorities. Make Oakland Better Now! believes that the top priority should be restoring, and growing, the Oakland Police Department in order to make Oaklanders safe. In this light, we are proud to present this panel on Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, featuring City Administrator Deanna Santana, Oakland Chief of Police Howard Jordan and key budget and police staff. Please plan to join us.
- The Fair Chance Housing Ordinance Goes Before Council Tonight
- Make Oakland Better Now! Endorses Measure Q
- Oakland City Council’s Parcel Tax to Improve Funding for City Parks, Litter Reduction, and Homelessness Support
- Meet Guillermo Cespedes, Oakland’s New Chief of Violence Prevention
- Ten Questions for Darlene Flynn, Oakland’s Director of Race & Equity
- My Tweets