With the pending release of the new Oakland city budget this week, we are about to see how the Mayor and the City Council set their priorities. Make Oakland Better Now! believes that the top priority should be restoring, and growing, the Oakland Police Department in order to make Oaklanders safe. In this light, we are proud to present this panel on Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, featuring City Administrator Deanna Santana, Oakland Chief of Police Howard Jordan and key budget and police staff. Please plan to join us.
- Make Oakland Better Now! Endorses Measure S1: Amending Powers of Police Commission
- THE NEWLY APPOINTED REIMAGINING PUBLIC SAFETY TASK FORCE HOLDS ITS “KICKOFF MEETING”
- THE REIMAGINING PUBLIC SAFETY TASK FORCE: WHAT DOES IT MEAN? WHAT WILL IT DO? WHAT SHOULD IT DO? AND WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
- Under the Magnifying Glass: Inequity and Covid-19 — Tuesday, August 25 at 12:30
- We’re recruiting interns now through the end of the year for a PAID fellowship. Students, graduates, and those with commensurate experience looking to support social and civic justice policy advocates in Oakland apply now!