With the pending release of the new Oakland city budget this week, we are about to see how the Mayor and the City Council set their priorities. Make Oakland Better Now! believes that the top priority should be restoring, and growing, the Oakland Police Department in order to make Oaklanders safe. In this light, we are proud to present this panel on Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, featuring City Administrator Deanna Santana, Oakland Chief of Police Howard Jordan and key budget and police staff. Please plan to join us.
- Updated: The Department of Violence Prevention Proposal Is Not Ready, So We Are Suspending Our Support
- Supporting Public Safety in Oakland: A Conversation with Police Chief Anne Kirkpatrick and Public Safety Director Venus Johnson
- Police Commission Enabling Ordinance: Our Comments
- Budget Bits Returns: Shaping Oakland’s 2017-2019 Budget
- New Year, New Police Chief
- My Tweets