Thank you to everyone who joined us at Lakeshore Avenue Baptist Church for our first Operation Ceasefire Summit. It was a valuable discussion on how City Hall, the police, and community are working together to make Oakland safer.
A special thanks to all our panelists:
• Rev. Damita Davis-Howard
• Ceasefire Consultant Stewart Wakeling
• OPD Police Chief Sean Whent
• Captain Ersie Joyner
• Vaughn Crandall, Senior Partner at National Network for Safe Communities
• California Partnership for Safe Communities’ Daniela Gilbert
• Ceasefire Manager Reygan Harmon
• Department of Human Services Director Sara Bedford
• Department of Human Services Manager Peter Kim
Thank you for educating Oaklanders and for what you do to help save lives.
We’ll be posting more photos, sharing slides from the California Partnership for Safe Communities presentation, and answering some questions we weren’t able to get to during the Q&A.
Watch the full video from the Ceasefire Summit below.