Make Oakland Better Now! Supports Measure C
Measure C, which is on the June 7 ballot, renews for 30 years the existing annual parcel tax of $114.50 per parcel for single-family residential units, $78.22 per parcel for multi-unit residential property, and $58.65 for non-residential units, thereby generating an estimated $18 million per year for local libraries. This is not a tax increase, it simply extends the current tax, so Oakland libraries can continue to be a valued community resource. The Measure C funds will be used to:
- Prevent library closures and maintain extended hours to better accommodate students, seniors and working families
- Provide safe spaces and protect programs for children and teens to keep them engaged and prepare them for lifelong learning and successful careers.
- Keep libraries safe, clean and welcoming
- Maintain literacy services
- Increase computer and internet service for all.
We urge you to vote “yes” on Measure C.