In 2016, Oakland formed its Department of Race & Equity, and recruited Darlene Flynn as its Director. Last month, Carrie Crespo-Dixon, one of Make Oakland Better Now!’s board members, sat down with Ms. Flynn to talk about taking on the unprecedented role of leading this department. Continue reading
- Make Oakland Better Now! Endorses Measure S1: Amending Powers of Police Commission
- THE NEWLY APPOINTED REIMAGINING PUBLIC SAFETY TASK FORCE HOLDS ITS “KICKOFF MEETING”
- THE REIMAGINING PUBLIC SAFETY TASK FORCE: WHAT DOES IT MEAN? WHAT WILL IT DO? WHAT SHOULD IT DO? AND WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
- Under the Magnifying Glass: Inequity and Covid-19 — Tuesday, August 25 at 12:30
- We’re recruiting interns now through the end of the year for a PAID fellowship. Students, graduates, and those with commensurate experience looking to support social and civic justice policy advocates in Oakland apply now!