In 2016, Oakland formed its Department of Race & Equity, and recruited Darlene Flynn as its Director. Last month, Carrie Crespo-Dixon, one of Make Oakland Better Now!’s board members, sat down with Ms. Flynn to talk about taking on the unprecedented role of leading this department. Continue reading
- Oakland City Council’s Parcel Tax to Improve Funding for City Parks, Litter Reduction, and Homelessness Support
- Meet Guillermo Cespedes, Oakland’s New Chief of Violence Prevention
- Ten Questions for Darlene Flynn, Oakland’s Director of Race & Equity
- Visit Make Oakland Better Now! at the Art + Soul Festival
- What’s in the New “Oakland Together” Budget?
- My Tweets