In 2016, Oakland formed its Department of Race & Equity, and recruited Darlene Flynn as its Director. Last month, Carrie Crespo-Dixon, one of Make Oakland Better Now!’s board members, sat down with Ms. Flynn to talk about taking on the unprecedented role of leading this department. Continue reading
- We’re recruiting interns now through the end of the year for a PAID fellowship. Students, graduates, and those with commensurate experience looking to support social and civic justice policy advocates in Oakland apply now!
- Budgeting Wisely in a Time of Restraint 5:00 p.m. | Monday, June 1, 2020
- The State of Oakland’s Finances
- PROPOSALS BY COUNCIL PRESIDENT KAPLAN AND PRESIDENT PRO TEM KALB TO REVISE THE POLICE COMMISSION CHARTER PROVISIONS
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Oakland Needs Your Help